Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Go Green with Rubberecycle!

I was wearing sandals last week on one of our beautiful spring days when I took the kids out to the playground in our backyard. As I walked around, the mulch was getting caught in my sandals and was sharp at times. It was a bit annoying and I wondered whether I would get a splinter in my foot from it. The mulch we have is the same kind of mulch we have on the playground at work. Kids fall all the time out there. Doesn’t it hurt??

My husband had mentioned to me a while ago about the option of replacing the mulch with rubber mulch. I had never known that this was an option. Rubberecycle is a company that provides customers with rubber mulch that is made from 100% scrap tires. Rubber mulch is a wonderful way to help the environment. Also, since it lasts a long time, it is great option that can help schools save money on their school playgrounds. Schools can choose from a variety of colors! In visiting their website, I learned a great deal from Rubberecycle. I never knew there are so many benefits to rubber mulch, including the fact that it doesn’t freeze, mold, or attract bugs and that it’s odor free, to name a few.

In addition to rubber mulch, Rubberecycle also provides other products, including playground equipment for commercial playgrounds, rubber curbs for playgrounds, mulch for your garden beds, and equestrian arena footing. This website provides customers with a calculator so you can figure out the cost immediately. This is a nice time-saving feature – I don’t necessarily like having to call and speak to a representative.

*Disclaimer: I received monetary compensation for this post.  However, the opinions expressed here are my own and are not impacted by any compensation.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang