Monday, November 28, 2011

Book Review: Healthy Eating for Kids



Photobucket

My husband and I attempt to plan and prepare healthy meals and snacks as often as possible for our kids.  My daughter has a hollow stomach and can honestly eat “until the cows come home”; therefore, it is crucial we make sure she eats healthy balanced meals.   My son wishes he could live on Goldfish crackers.  Fortunately, I am blessed to have two children who love fruits for snacks; however, vegetables are a different story.  My children are also huge carbohydrate fans, so they prefer spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, and bread, bread, and more bread. 
I recently reviewed an ebook entitled, “Healthy Eating for Kids” that provides easy to prepare healthy recipes for foods kids love.  Included in the book are 60 recipes for Snacks, Drinks, Lunches at Home, Packed School Lunches, Evening Meals at Home, and Desserts.  The recipes have creative names that peak children’s interest and make snack and mealtime fun!  For example, wouldn’t your child like to have Ants on a Log and some Berry Blaster for snack?  This is more fun than simply crackers and cheese! 

“Your child will look forward to healthy eating instead of rebelling against it. We've included recipes that are bright and flavorful, while including a wide variety of ingredients that are packed full of essential vitamins and minerals”.
My family’s favorite recipe was the Sneaky Spaghetti Sauce!  It is just what its name implies - sneaky!  Included in the recipe are zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, and eggplant!  This is a delicious recipe and my son had no idea that he was eating all his veggies while eating his pasta.  In addition to loving the variety of the recipe choices, I think it is wonderful that the recipes are provided in kid-size portions.  There have been SO many times when my son has refused to eat what I have prepared for the family.  I end up heating something fast and easy like chicken nuggets as an alternative, which is ridiculously unhealthy.  I like the fact that if this happens again, I can simply prepare one of the recipes in this book as a fast, easy, and HEALTHY alternative. 

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to prepare more fun and delicious snacks and meals for my kids!  Healthy Eating for Kids is available on their website and the Kindle version is available on Amazon.

*Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang