Dry skin is a chronic problem for me. I know it’s my own fault. I do not drink enough water and I am always dehydrated. Thankfully, my face is not that dry, but it certainly could use some moisture. I recently had the opportunity to review the Amazon Rain Lluvia Refreshing Mist for normal skin. This spray mist is exactly what its name implies – it’s refreshing. Although it can be used in the morning and at night, I have been using it at night only. At the end of a long day of work, I change out of my work clothes, put on my sweats, pull my hair up, wash my face, and spray a little of the mist on my face. So nice! The tightness I was feeling in my face disappears instantly. There is the lightest scent, which is nice. It’s sweet, not overwhelming at all.
I obtained a list of the ingredients from their website:
• Suma helps reinvigorate your skin’s defenses. In South America, the Rainforest herb Suma is known as a 'para todo' (meaning "for everything"). Native tribes have long used it to treat wounds and skin rashes.
• Uña de Gato is a powerful weapon against the visible signs of aging. It also fights free radicals and helps to soothe and refresh the skin.
• Essential oils like Melissa and Sandalwood help purify the skin. They also provide the soothing aroma that makes this formula so unique.
The Amazon Rain products, created by the Amazon Herb Company, intrigued me for a couple of reasons. First of all, the ingredients used are harvested from plants in the Amazon Rainforest by the Indigenous communities there. I was not aware of the antioxidant compounds, taspines and other naturally occurring phyto-elements that are in these plants. Also, a portion of the proceeds of each product sold is donated to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Center (http://www.oliviaappeal.com). I learned that Olivia Newton-John herself currently uses Amazon Rain products as part of her daily routine. She has also announced that the first 50 people who purchase an Amazon Rain product will receive a free gift – a personally signed LIV aid to assist in supporting breast self-examinations!
A portion of the proceeds of each sale is also donated to the ACEER (Amazon Center for Environmental Education & Research), which supports the opportunity for teachers and environmental education programs to visit the children of the villages in the Rainforest.
You can read more about Amazon Rain products HERE!
I am so proud to support companies such as The Amazon Herb Company and their Amazon Rain skincare products. Not only do customers benefit by caring for their skin with natural ingredients, but their money is used in such inspirational and meaningful ways!
One Tidbits From A Mom reader will win a free Amazon Rain Lluvia Refreshing Mist! Here are the details of the giveaway!
Win It: One winner will receive a bottle of Amazon Rain Lluvia Refreshing Mist.
Mandatory Entry: Please visit the Amazon Rain and tell me another product that you would like to own. Please leave your email address so that I may be able to contact you if you win.
1. Follow Tidbits From A Mom publicly on Google Friend Connect. (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to Amazon Rain's Email Newsletter. (1 entry)
3. Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway reviews on my blog and leave a comment and let me know which review you commented on. (2 entries)
4. Follow Amazon Rain on Facebook or Twitter. (1 entry each)
3. Follow me on Facebook or Twitter. (1 entry each)
4. Enter any of my other giveaways (1 entry each)
5. The following may be tweeted daily: (1 entry each day)
#Win an Amazon Rain Lluvia Refreshing Mist! Ends 11/28! @tidbitsfromamom #giveaway http://tinyurl.com/6vb84w46. Grab my button and let me know where you placed it (3 entries)
7. Subscribe to Tidbits From A Mom through RSS feed or email (3 entries for each)
This giveaway ends on November 28, 2011 at 12:00am EST. *Giveaway is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen through Random.org. The winner will be notified through email and will have 48 hours to respond.
*Disclaimer: I did not receive monetary compensation for this post. I received a free product for the purpose of this review. The opinions expressed here are my own.