Monday, October 24, 2011

Werther's Caramel Candies Review & Caramel Apple Recipe


My husband and I have been snacking on Werther’s Original Caramels for years. Frankly, I find them completely addicting. They are considered a perfect fall treat, particularly when you melt them to make caramel apples. However, we consider them year-round treats in our home. Werther’s Original has also created other varieties – Creamy Caramel Filled, Chewy Caramels, Caramel Chocolates, and Sugar Free!

My family and I had the opportunity to review three of the Werther’s varieties, including the Creamy Caramel Filled, Chewy Caramels, and the Caramel Chocolates. These candies have been just as addicting as the original ones. I have then stashed everywhere – the kitchen, my car, my desk at work, and my work bag!


Photobucket



With the product samples, I received some information about Werther’s of which I was never aware. For example, the original caramel recipe was developed over 100 years ago in a caramel shoppe in the European village of Werther. Also, Werther’s celebrates caramel year-round at their Caramel Shoppe in the German Pavilion at Epcot in Walt Disney World. I was excited to hear this because my family will be going there next year on vacation! I can visit the Caramel Shoppe!

Werther’s Original Candies are great to eat on their own or as an added bonus to any other sweet treat! Here’s a recipe for making delicious caramel apples using Werther’s candies:

Classic Caramel Apples
50 pieces (about 11 oz.) Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
4 Popsicle sticks
4 medium-sized apples
2 Tbs. evaporate milk

Push sticks into tops of apples. Place caramels and milk in 1-qt., microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring frequently until smooth, about 3 minutes. Dip and swirl apples in melted caramel mixture, using a spoon to spread evenly.

Place on waxed paper until caramel sets or refrigerate 15 minutes for quicker results. Serves 4.

*Disclaimer: I did not receive monetary compensation for this post.  I received free product samples for the purpose of this review in partnership with BzzAgent.  The opinions expressed here are my own.
post signature

1 comments:

  1. Oohh! I can't wait to try this out! Caramel + Apple = Food Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang