Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Photobucket

Pineapple Upside Down Cake is hands down my favorite kind of cake.  I love the mix of fruit with nuts and cake….so yummy.  I thought I would share the recipe with you.  My sister made this recently and took this picture.  She is so creative with her displays – mine does not typically look like this ;)

Ingredients needed:
¼ c butter
½ c packed brown sugar
1 (8-½oz) can pineapple slices, drained and cut into halves (save juice)
maraschino cherries
walnut halves
1 pkg yellow cake mix

Heat oven to 350. Melt butter over low heat in a 9-in baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.  Arrange pineapple halves, cherries, and walnuts over sugar mixture.

Prepare cake mix as directed on package; however, use juice + water in place of just water in cake mix directions. Pour half the batter (about 2-½ c) evenly over fruit in pan (bake remaining batter in 8- or 9-in layer pan; use as desired or freeze). Bake 35-45 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Invert at once onto serving plate. Leave pan over cake a few minutes. Serve warm plain or with whipped cream.

 That’s it and it’s delicious!!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This looks great! Give me anything with pineapple in it! Thanks for sharing and have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodess That Looks wonderful! My Hubby loves Pineapple upside down cake!! Nom Nom Nom!

    Gina Taylor
    ginataylorfamilyphoto@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try making it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! I have always wanted to try my hand at making this! Maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang