Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Children's Books That Help Teach Respect

I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about my frustration with the fact that some students simply appear to lack respect - to their peers, adults, and even themselves. I know that many parents say, "What else can I do? I'm doing everything I can!" I love using books in order to prove a point, so I compiled a list of books that could be used with elementary age children when talking about respect. These are only some of the books I found, there just a ton that could be listed here. I hope you are able to find some that you can use!

Show Some Respect - Anastasia Suen
Arthur's Eyes - M. Brown
Arthur's Nose - M. Brown
Grouchy Ladybug - E. Carle
Oliver Button is a Sissy - T. dePaola
The Sneetches - Dr. Seuss
The Patchwork Quilt - Valerie Flourney
Charlie the Caterpillar - Dom DeLuise
Miss Spider's Tea Party - David Kirk
The Berenstain Bears and the Week at Grandma's - Stan and Jan Berenstain
Flightless Goose - Eric D. Goodman
Little Wood Duck - Brian Widsmith
Through Grandpa's Eyes - Patricia MacLachlan
Wednesday Surprise - Even Bunting
Chester's Way - Kevin Henkes
Frederick - Leo Lionni
How to Lose All Your Friends - Nancy Carlson
Loudmouth George and the New Neighbors - Nancy Carlson
Be Nice to Spiders - Margaret Graham
Big Bad Bruce - Bill Peet
Grandpa is Everything Black Bad? - Sandy Holman
Old Henry - Joan Blos
Chicken Sunday - Patricia Polacco
ABC I Like Me - Nancy Carlson
Why Am I Different - Norma Simon
I Wish I Were A Butterfly - James Howe
Respect and Take Care of Things - Cheri Meiners
Treat Me Right!: Kids Talk About Respect - Nancy Loewen
Ryan Respects (The Way I Act Books) - Virginia Kroll
I Don't Care!: Learning About Respect - Brian Moses

post signature

2 comments:

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang