Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cook'n Recipe Organizer Version 10 Review



Photobucket

This year has been the year of organization for me – well, a real driven attempt at it anyway. I feel as though I can be proud of what I have achieved. Part of my organizational goal included organizing my recipe books and cards. I made an attempt and it has been working somewhat. However, there has been one looming hole in my organizational success. I am not organized with the recipes that I save online. I subscribe to various food networks, websites, blogs, etc. in order to keep tabs on recipes in which I am a fan or would like to make one day. I then lose track of where I have kept such and such recipe, which can be frustrating.

Cook'n Recipe Organizer Version 10 is a recipe software for the computer helps people manage their recipes and keep track of where they find recipes. “Cook'n features an embedded web browser with advanced recipe search capabilities and, best of all, the ability to capture internet recipes with one click and save them into your personal cookbooks for easy access later”. Cook’n has numerous capabilities! It allows people to organize their recipes into categories, analyze nutritional information, plan weekly menus, create a shopping list, and even create a family cookbook.

This software was easy to download. I read through the instructional manual so I could familiarize myself with it. I am pretty computer savvy, but there are so many components to this software that I wanted to make sure I was using it to its full capacity. In trying out the search tool, I used “Shrimp Scampi” as my recipe of choice. The first page of search results included all the websites that I frequently visit. I clicked on my first choice, which was a Shrimp Scampi recipe from the Food Network. I clicked the “Capture” button and instantly the entire recipe, ingredients and all the background information included, were plugged into the Cook’n Bookshelf page in front of me. It was that easy! One click and all the information is organized perfectly! I loved that I could then draft a menu for the week and create a shopping list all from the information in front of me. I also thought it was amazing that with the click of a button, all of the nutritional information for the recipe appears! Ingenious!

Cook’n is an easy software to use and once you are aware of all its capabilities and educate yourself in how to use it, it will instantly assist you in your organization of the multitude of recipes you collect. I would strongly encourage you to check it out! Cook'n Recipe Organizer Version 10 has only been released recently and has already received a great deal of positive reviews. Once you try it, you will see for yourself how beneficial it is to maintaining your organization in the kitchen.

There is a deal right now where new customers get a free cookbook with purchase (over 130 to choose from! http://www.dvo.com/cookbooks.php?CID=blogger-review)

*Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang