Saturday, January 29, 2011

Have you ever met with a psychic?

Have you ever met with a psychic?  I have met with two in my life.  One really impressed me and seemed to be the real deal, the other - not so much.  The "real deal" psychic was the mother of a friend of mine during college.  She did not do readings for money.  However, she did agree to perform readings as part of a fundraiser my group was holding.  I remember that I met with her one afternoon when it was very close to graduation.  I had been very upset that morning because I learned that my boyfriend (now husband) was moving out to San Jose, CA for work for six months.  When she began the reading, she looked at me and said, "He won't be gone forever.."  I took the biggest breath of relief.  She also made two more predictions.  The first was that she told me she envisioned me working on the ground with children.  The second was that she saw me sitting in a courtroom upset. 

Okay...the first one didn't bother me, but the second one surely did.

Right after graduation, I was hired by the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.  I visited families in their homes and I provided counseling to children, teens, and adults.  It was an extremely challenging job, but I loved the families and my coworkers.  I often would sit on the floor of the families' living rooms and play games with my child clients.  So, the first prediction was right!

The second prediction may or may not have come true yet.  I did sit in a courtroom with my husband about ten years ago in support of my sister-in-law's divorce hearing.  I was upset at the issue at hand, but I wasn't crying.  Was that it?  Or is there something else in my future?  That lingering question haunts me....no one ever wants to find themselves in a courtroom.  I wish that my friend's mom didn't tell me that prediction...

So, this week I have a reading scheduled with psychic Cynthia Ann.  I have to admit I am a little nervous...what is she going to tell me??  I will be back here to post about it afterwards!  Cynthia Ann has also giving a free reading to one of my readers, so I will post the details soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang