Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Book Review: Simple Times - Crafts for Poor People by Amy Sedaris

Photobucket


I was excited initially about being given the opportunity to review "Simple Times - Crafts for Poor People" by Amy Sedaris, actress and comedien.  I love doing crafts and I am all about saving money.  I was told it was funny, which was definitely a bonus to me.  I am sad to say that I was really disappointed with this book.  Yes, there were some parts that made me smile, such as when she talks about using a glue gun.  However, there were more sections of the book that would be considered inappropriate and that bothered me a bit.  It is definitely a book that I won't be able to keep laying around or even in my house with a young daughter that is into everything.  Let's just say, it wouldn't be a good thing if her little eyes came across it.

As for the actual crafts that are in the book, there isn't a craft that I would actually make.  Some of them were amusing, but I wouldn't keep them in my home.  There are probably other people out there who would actually want to try them. 

The book is a large, sturdy book that was obviously a huge project.  A lot of effort went into making the book.  However, it just was not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tidbits From A Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang